06 February 2010

Fort Discovery

Yesterday, we went on a field trip to Fort Discovery in Augusta GA with the homeschool group. It was a bit of a drive and the weather was horrible, sheets of rain and lots of wind, but we had a great day. MooGoo was able to take the day off and I packed us all lunches. We left at 8:30 in the morning, which is early for me, but I got to sleep a little in the car. I don't know what it is about a moving car that always seems to rock me to sleep. There were lots of fun exhibits at the museum. There was an echo tube, working phones from the 1800s to present, electricity demos, optical illusions...the list goes on and on. The kids LOVED it. Everything was very kid friendly; they were able to put their hands on everything and I didn't have to be on top of them the whole time. It was fun for the adults too. We enjoyed the hands on exhibits as much as the kids did. This is the reason we homeschool!

We also made it back in enough time to easily get ready for Shabbat. MooGoo made the bread and I set the table Thursday night so we didn't have to worry about it Friday. When we got home I started cooking and we had a nice (grated not as fancy or elaborate as other nights) Shabbat meal.

All in all, a great day and we all slept well last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment